We accept 12-16 stories a year in the genres of Fantasy, Science Fiction, Steampunk, Urban Fantasy and Weird Western. We try to maintain a balance between the genres to give our readers an array of new material, and to introduce them to a variety of new authors.
We will not be accepting submissions for 2017.
- Use standard manuscript formatting, Times New Roman, 12pt, double-spaced.
- Single space after punctuation.
- Edit your work before submitting it. A shoddy submission will most likely get rejected.
- Stories must be between 3,000 and 10,000 words.
- No Horror please.
- No simultaneous submissions
- We are looking for stories that are PG or PG-13 at most. We will not accept Erotica of any kind.
- No Footnotes in your story.
Reprints will be considered, but are not preferred. Please state clearly that it is a reprint, and where it appeared originally. Payment for reprints that are accepted is $10 or a 1 year subscription.
All monetary payments are made via PayPal. If your story is accepted you have the option of either a $20 payment, or a 1 year subscription.
Although this is an e-publication we reserve the right to include the story in our annual anthology with non-exclusive first world print and electronic sales and distribution rights. In such case, one contributor copy of each format produced will be given to each contributing author. Additional copies will be made available to contributing authors at 50% of retail price if such an anthology is printed.
Manuscripts should be submitted to smc.submissions at gmail.com
Curating Editor: Jessica Brawner
Art Director: Sandra Wheeler
We will send out a confirmation of receipt email. If you don’t get an email within 24 hours that says we received it, we didn’t get it!